Sales Manager Job Bristol
Head of Origin
20th Dec 2018
In the lead up to the highly anticipated launch of Origin Workspace phase 1 in spring 2019, we are recruiting a Sales Manager to lead on growing the membership pipeline and sales.
As our Sales Manager, you will enjoy a mix of lead generation and lead nurturing activities, attending and participating in our events programme, networking in the Bristol business community and developing long-term relationships with our members and our community. You will be an ambassador for Origin Workspace and be our go-to person for memberships.
Initially, your focus will primarily be to pre-sell the workspace memberships (there are two phases to our opening) and then, once open and fully operational, the emphasis will switch to maintaining membership levels, meeting the on-going workspace needs of our members as their businesses grow and referral. There will also be an emphasis on driving secondary income opportunities such as guest usage of the space, event attendance and meeting room/event space hire as our membership and community grows.
Wellness in the workplace is also a big part of what we do to – so don’t be surprised if you find yourself talking a walk around the Bristol Harbourside with our members, enjoying a morning yoga class at our monthly Workout and Network sessions or learning from the best in the business when it comes to mental wellbeing.
No two days will be the same. You will self-manage on a day-to-day basis taking guidance from your line manager and ideas from your team. You will find your role offers much variety, creativity and opportunity to make it your own.
Our ideal candidate will be a self-motivated sales professional with a proven track record to help us achieve our pre-opening and on-going membership acquisition and revenue growth targets.
You will have a demonstrable experience for developing and executing business development and sales plans, maintaining and nurturing on-going relationships with prospects, members and third-party organisations and drive secondary income opportunities.
You are creative, resourceful and can budget, plan and execute whilst also be flexible when things may change.
You have at least one years’ experience in a similar role and three or more years’ experience overall in sales and business development.
You are looking to be part of a growing team of highly-experienced, supportive and dynamic people and to be part of something great that will make an impact on the world of co-working and entrepreneurial businesses.
If this sounds like you, then Origin Workspace would like to meet you!
Please note: The term ‘workspace’ includes meeting rooms, events and function space as well as hot desks, dedicated desks and private offices.
- Manage a monthly sales plan to achieve pre-set sales targets for all workspace revenue streams.
- Measure and record activity on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis through pre-agreed key performance indicators: Leads generated. Leads/walk-ins to appointment. Appointment to show round. Show round to sale.
- Generate and nurture a prospect database for the workspace, working in conjunction with the marketing team, to move them through the sales process.
- Grow new business by being an active and collaborative member of the Bristol business and startup community.
- Host show rounds to prospective members highlighting the benefits, facilities and services whilst also giving guidance as to the type of membership best suited to their needs and those of their business and/or employees.
- Administration of membership paperwork and to ensure that it is processed accordingly.
- In conjunction with the Marketing and Events Manager and Community Hosts, be responsible for the management of the membership database and sales system.
- Ensure that full auditable procedures and practices are followed for processing, storage and management of member information including financial information (GDPR Compliance)
- Attend weekly sales meetings with your line manager to provide relevant information pertaining to membership sales and secondary income targets.
- Regular competitor analyses to provide information; this will be used positively in the selling of Origin Workspace memberships, services and facilities.
- To support the Marketing and Events Manager and Community Hosts in the delivery of initiatives aimed at improving and maintaining member retention.
- Support all marketing, PR and other promotional activities and assist in the development, and promotion, of the membership campaigns, marketing and PR initiatives.
- In conjunction with the Marketing & Events Manager, create lasting and mutually-beneficial relationships with organisations that can help refer Origin Workspace and our services to their networks and membership.
- Attend Origin Workspace’ events and play a role in being an ambassador for the brand.
Benefits of working at Origin Workspace:
- Full-time permanent role after 3 months probation.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 days Bank holiday.
- A workplace pension (matched 3% contribution).
- Free use of the Origin Workspace Wellness Centre.
- Life Assurance four times your salary.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Complimentary tea and coffee.
Upon successful completion of your probationary period (3 months), you will also be eligible for:
- Vitality Health Insurance
- Optional participation in the Cycle to Work or The Green Commute Initiative.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are now open. Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31stst December 2018.
Full downloadable Job Description can be found here – FULL JOB DESCRIPTION