Origin’s Team is Growing
About Origin Workspace: Origin is a 42,000 sq. ft. co-working space based in the exclusive area of Clifton, Bristol. Home to over 100 businesses we provide an engaging and collaborative workspace and an active business community for ambitious individuals and growing companies. We offer hot-desking, dedicated co-working spaces and private offices along with meeting rooms, event space, a members’ lounge and a wellness centre that includes a gym. Through its Origin Start-up programme, Origin Workspace also supports fledgling entrepreneurial businesses and offers a programme of events to inspire, educate and facilitate collaborative working to the business community of Bristol. As part of the excellent work we do here at Origin Workspace we also support several local charities and offer volunteering days for members and the team.
Overview of role: The role of the Community & Event Co-ordinator/Host is crucial within the team in supporting the day to day activities of the workspace. Working in a busy vibrant environment ensuring our members and visitors are receiving the warmest of welcomes. You will be the first port of call for our members regarding what program of networking events and workshops we have upcoming. You will help plan, promote and host the program of events/workshops. As well as supporting the larger team by working together and ensuring the building is operating to a five star standard. You will be working as part of a team made up of four hosts’ and casual event staff. Supporting each other with the delivery of exceptional service at all times. This is not a desk based role but instead an exciting mix of getting to know our members, promoting our events/workshops to our members and some desk base admin. This role requires a person that is comfortable in networking.
Job Type: Full time (permanent role)
Location: 40 Berkeley Square, Bristol BS8 1HP.
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Hours: Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
Shifts: We also have evening and weekend events occasionally, flexibility will be required to support the larger business needs.
Salary: £23K per year
Duties and responsibilities:
• Co-ordinating the community events schedule with the Operations Manager & Managing Director.
• Scheduling in the promotion of our events/workshops with the marketing team, including updating member portal (website), slack and supporting activities on social media.
• Liaising with potential workshop providers and booking in speakers, catering and overseeing logistics.
• Oversee and support the event team during functions, delegating responsibilities.
• Responsible for ordering and stock control of function Food & Beverage.
• Supporting the Operations Manager with the Wellness and Gym activities.
• Provide operational administration support as and when directed by the Operations Manager.
• The is a brief outline of expected duties. As the role grows there will be additional responsibilities.
Personal Specification: The successful candidate must be enthusiastic and flexible with an excellent face to face, telephone manner and good interpersonal skills. An organised, positive individual with excellent time management (this is a busy role) and a can-do attitude that is able to multitask. Personal profile would include being passionate, energetic, confidence, flexibility, proactive and deadline-focused and a great sense of humour.
Origin Workspace is a great place to work and we offer onsite gym, and wellness availability for our team. Team evenings out, monthly team lunches and development opportunities. • At least 3 years’ experience in events, hospitality/hotel industry, or a similar environment to Origin Workspace.
• Strong interest in events, building communities and networking.
• Smart and presentable at all times.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Organised, reliable and flexible.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Excellent time keeping.
• ‘Can do’ attitude
• Clear, concise communication skills both verbal and written.
• Good literacy and numeracy skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Accuracy and able to pay attention to detail.
• Professional attitude.
• Proficient in Microsoft Window packages (Word, Excel, outlook)
Please forward a CV with covering letter explaining why you feel you would be right for this role, outlining your experience to [email protected]
Closing date for applications Sunday 13th November 2022. Interviews will be held on the week off 21st November 2022.
Parm Cory-Jones Operations Manager m: 07540728589 dl: 0117 440 0400 ORIGINWORKSPACE.CO.UK